Choose a Department below:
415 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX. 78541
Phone: 956 - 388 - 8212
Fax: 956 - 383 - 7111
The Administration Division consists of three employees:
Director of Utilities
Administrative Assistant II
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete budgeted Capital Improvement projects in progress and proceed with the implementation of proposed Capital Improvement projects.
- Administer and coordinate the operations of two Water Treatment Plants, Wastewater Treatment Plant/Lift Stations, and the Systems Division efficiently and effectively.
- Inspect work being done at various project sites and in the field.
- Represent the Utility Department at all regular and special meetings of the City Council and coordinate and present those items requiring action for review for the Divisions within the Utility Department.
- Provide assistance to customers with utility related problems, and other City department complaints. Refer complaints to the designated division or department.
- Provide technical assistance regarding City utility improvements to the public and other city departments as requested.
Goals & Objectives
- Plan and coordinate proposed City utility improvements with respective divisions and consulting engineers.
- Ensure that all divisions within the Utility Department operate in accordance with the regulations mandated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Texas Department of Health, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), etc.
- Attend courses and other continuing educational courses required in effort to maintain licenses and certificates. Support and encourage employees within the Utility Department to update, as well as upgrade, their knowledge and skills required to perform duties.
- Assure the completion of the on-going utility water and wastewater projects.