Choose a Department below:
Parks & Rec. Department
315 E. Palm Drive
Edinburg, TX. 78541
Phone: 956 - 381 -5631
Fax: 956 - 292 - 2131
10K Run & Fun Run FAQ
- 1. Q: When is the 31st Annual All-America
City 10K Fun Run & Fun Run?
- 10K Fun Run Saturday, February 2, 2013, Start time:
9:00 a.m. Sharp (Rain or Shine)
- The starts Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 11:30
a.m. Sharp. (Rain or Shine)
- 2. Q: Type of race course lay out?
- 10K & 2 Mile- flat out and back racecourses fast through the city streets of Edinburg, Texas. Mile markers and water stations at every mile.
- 3. Q: Is Race Course easy to follow?
- Yes, maps will be provided. Race course will be well marked and pace vehicles will be available.
- 4. Q: How long is the run?
- 10K (6.2 miles)
- 5. Q: When is the latest I can register for the event:
- Friday, February 1, 2013 9:00 p.m. No race day registration
for 10k Fun Run or Fun Run. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 6. Q: How Can I register?
- Walk In- Edinburg Community Recreation Center, 315 E. Palm Drive Edinburg, TX. 78539.
- Monday – Friday (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.) and Saturdays (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Mail In-Please mail by January 25, 2013. Mail registration
forms and check payable to Parks & Recreation Dept. P.O. BOX 1079 Edinburg, Texas
- And/or for more 10K and information visit www.cityofedinburg.com
- 7. Q: Entry Fee?
- Yes. 10K Fun Run $10.00 for 19 & above and $5.00 for 18yrs and under.
- 8. Q: Any other events?
- Yes. Fun Run. $5.00 entry fee for everyone.
- 9. Q: How is this race timed?
- Chip or D-Pag timing.
- 10. Q: Is this a certified race course?
- 11. Q: Are trophies awarded to overall winners?
- 10K : Yes, trophies are awarded to top 5 male and female finishers in each age division.
- 2 Mile: Medals are given to every participant running / walking the race.
- 12. Q: What are the age categories?
- (8 & under) (9-10) (11-12) (13-15) (16-19) (20-24) (25-29) (30-34) (35-39) (40-44) (45-49) (50-54) (55-59) (60-64) (65-69) (70-74) (75-79) (80 & older).
- 13. Q: Is there prize money?
- *If awarded a cash prize you do no qualify for your age division awards.
- 14. Q: Are there winners in other categories?
- Yes, trophies - up to 5 deep in each age division and special categories for 10K run finishers.
- Fun Run- everyone gets a medal.
- 15. Q: Where is the Awards Ceremony?
- Finish line, Cats Stadium.
- 16. Q: Are pets allowed on the Walk / Run?
- Yes. Vaccinated and mandatory leach rule will be enforced.
- 17.Q: How many people participated
in 2012's event?
- A total of nearly 3,000 walkers and runners participated
the 30th Annual 10K Fun Run & about 4,000 for the Fun Run.
- 18. Q: Do I get a free t-shirt?
- T-shirts are given to everyone participating in either the 10K Fun Run and Fun Run. (Shirt size not guaranteed)
- 19. Q: When & Where can I pick
up my pre-registration packet?
- At the Recreation Community Center beginning Monday,
Jan 28, 2013 through Friday, Feb. 1, 2013. From 12pm to 8pm.
- On day of event packets will be available at the EdinburgParks
and Recreation until 8:45a.m. for the 10K Run and until 11:15 a.m. for Fun
Run. Please make arrangements to pick up packet before event.
- 20. Q: When & Where can I pick
up my chip for the 10K Fun Run?
- The chip can be picked up at the Recreation Center
beginning Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 from 5-9 pm and on Friday, Feb. 1, 2013 from
12-9 p.m at Academy Sports & Outdoors in Edinburg.
For more information contact the Edinburg Parks and Recreation Department
Phone: 956 - 381 - 5631