Choose a Department below:
Parks & Rec. Department
315 E. Palm Drive
Edinburg, TX. 78541
Phone: 956 - 381 -5631
Fax: 956 - 292 - 2131
10K Run & Fun Run FAQ
- 1. Q: When is the 33rd Annual All-America
City 10K Fun Run & Fun Run?
- 2. Saturday, February 7, 2015. 10K Run race start is 9 a.m. and Fun Run race start is 11:30 a.m.
- The starts Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 11:30
a.m. Sharp. (Rain or Shine)
- 2. Q: The type of race course lay out?
- 10K Run and Fun Run flat out and back race courses fast through the city streets of Edinburg, Texas. Mile markers and water stations at every mile.
- 3. Q: Is Race Course easy to follow?
- Yes, maps will be provided. Race course will be well marked and pace vehicles will be available.
- 4. Q: How long is the run?
- 10K (6.2 miles)
- 5. Q: When is the latest I can register for the event?
- Friday, February 6, 2015 9:00 p.m. No race day registration for 10K Fun Run or Fun Run. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 6. Q: How can I register?
- click here to register online
- Walk in – Edinburg Activity Center, 123 E. Palm Drive Edinburg, TX. 78539 until further notice will moved to Edinburg Parks & Recreation Dept. 315 E. Palm Drive.
Monday – Thursday (8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.) and Fridays (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Mail In – Please mail by January 30 , 2015. Mail registration forms and check payable to Parks & Recreation Dept. P.O. Box 1079 Edinburg, TX. 78540
and/or for more information visit www.cityofedinburg.com
- 7. Q: 10K Entry Fee?
- 10K Fun Run $10.00 for 19yrs & above and $5.00 for 18yrs and under & UTPA students.
- 8. Q: Any other events?
- Yes, Fun Run $5.00 entry fee for everyone.
- 9. Q: How is this race timed?
- Chip or D-Pag timing.
- 10. Q: Is this a certified race course?
- 11. Q: Are trophies awarded to overall winners?
- 10K: Yes, trophies are awarded to top 5 male and female finishers in each age division no duplication of awards and medals to all finishers. Fun Run: Medals are given to every participant running / walking the race.
- 12. Q: What are the age categories?
- (8 & under) (9-10) (11-12) (13-15) (16-19) (20-24) (25-29) (30-34) (35-39) (40-44) (45-49) (50-54) (55-59) (60-64) (65-69) (70-74) (75-79) (80 & older).
- 13. Q: Is there prize money?
- Yes, $30K
- 14. Q: Are there winners in other categories?
- Yes, trophies – up to 5 deep in each age division and special categories for 10K run finishers.
Fun Run – everyone gets medal.
- 15. Q: Where is the Awards Ceremony?
- Parks & Recreation Gymnasium
- 16. Q: Are pets allowed on the Walk / Run?
- Yes. Vaccinated and mandatory leash rule will be enforced.
- 17.Q: How many people participated in 2014’s event?
- Over 3,000 walkers and runners participated in the 32nd Annual 10K Run & about 4,000 for the Fun Run.
- 18. Q: Do I get a free t-shirt?
- T-shirts are given to everyone participating in either the 10K Fun Run and Fun Run. (Shirt size not guaranteed)
- 19. Q: When & Where can I pick up my pre-registration packet?
- At the Edinburg Parks & Recreation Dept. beginning Monday, Jan. 26, 2015 through Friday, Feb. 6, 2015. From 9 am to 8 pm.
On day of event packets will be available at the Edinburg Parks & Recreation Gym until 8:45am for the 10K Run and until 11:15am for the Fun Run. Please make arrangements to pick up race packet before event.
- 20. Q: When & Where can I pick up my chip for the 10K Fun Run?
- The chip can be picked up at the Edinburg Parks & Recreation Dept. gym beginning Thursday, February 5, 2015 from 9 am-8 pm and on Friday, Feb. 6, 2015 from 9am -8 pm..
For more information contact the Edinburg Parks and Recreation Department
Phone: 956 - 381 - 5631